The church in Wenvoe was built in the 13th century. In 1699, its tower was moved from the original northern side to the west. In 1869, the temple was thoroughly renovated and rebuilt. In 1930, the sacristy was added from the north and in 1989-1991 the northern arm of the transept.
The church originally consisted of a rectangular nave, a rectangular chancel east of the nave and a tower originally located on the northern side of the presbytery. From the south, the entrance to the nave is preceded by a porch. Narrow, ogival windows with finials in the form of trefoils were renovated in the nineteenth century.
Salter M., The old parish churches of Gwent, Glamorgan & Gower, Wolverhampton 2002.
Website britishlistedbuildings.co.uk, Church of St Mary A Grade II Listed Building in Wenvoe, Vale of Glamorgan.