The tower of the castle of Troggy was mentioned for the first time in documents in 1305 as newly created. It was erected by Roger Bigod III, Earl of Norfolk, as his hunting manor house.
The castle was erected on a rectangular plan measuring 27 by 42 meters. It was surrounded by a moat 15 meters wide on the west side and 10 meters wide on the north side. The south-western and south-eastern corner of the walls were strengthened by the cylindrical towers. The western tower stood on a 4 meter high hill. The interiors of the towers had octagonal shapes with a diameter of up to 6 meters. At the preserved southern part of the wall, the remains of the fireplace and two arrowslits are visible. Perhaps this wall was part of a residential building (hall).
The southern part of the wall and the relics of two corner towers have survived to this day. One of them has survived to a height of 6-7 meters, the other to about 3.5 meters. The monument is not protected, the area is densely overgrown with vegetation and neglected.
Website coflein.gov.uk, Cas Troggy Castle.
Website castlewales.com, Castell Troggy.