Church of St. Mary in Penmark dates from the thirteenth century. It was mentioned for the first time in 1254 in a document assessing its income for 16 pounds a year. In the fifteenth or sixteenth century, a tower was added to the temple. In the nineteenth century, the church underwent a thorough Victorian renovation, during which, among other things, most of the windows were replaced.
The church consists of a rectangular nave and a slightly narrower, rectangular chancel on the eastern side. On the west side there is a four-sided tower topped with a parapet on corbels and battlement. From the side of the nave, it opens with a monumental arch. The entrance to the nave on the south side is covered with a porch. The original two-light window, decorated at the top with a quatrefoil and crowned with trefoil, is placed in the southern wall of the nave. In the northern wall of the nave there are stairs to the loft of the rood screen.
Website britishlistedbuildings.co.uk, Church of St Mary A Grade II Listed Building in Rhoose, Vale of Glamorgan.
Website crsbi.ac.uk, St Mary, Penmark, Glamorganshire.