Church of St. Mary was erected in the 13th century thanks to the support of Norman lord William Fitzmartin. It was rebuilt for the first time at the turn of the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries or a little later, then in the fifteenth century. It was renovated in 1879.
The church consists of a rectangular nave and a rectangular but shorter and narrower chancel. On the western side, a 13th-century tower adjoins the nave. It has buttresses in the corners, a communication tower on the south-east side and a crown in the form of a parapet on corbels. From the north and south, the transepts adjoin the nave. Both are two-nave, with each aisle covered with a separate, gable roof. The windows of the temple were replaced during the 19th-century renovation. Inside the church there is a font from the 13th century.
Website britishlistedbuildings.co.uk, Church of Saint Mary A Grade II Listed Building in Newport, Pembrokeshire.