The Church of St. Digain in Llangernyw was probably built in the 13th century, in the place of an early mediaeval temple, erected in accordance with tradition by Saint Digain. In the late medieval period the building was probably enlarged, as indicated by its shape on the plan of the cross. In 1720 and again in the nineteenth century, the church was renovated, which unfortunately was associated with the removal of the original equipment and most architectural details, such as windows. In this period, a porch, south-western sacristy and buttresses supporting the bellcote were added.
The medieval church consisted of a 13th-century nave on a rectangular plan, also rectangular chancel with a similar width, from the 15th century and the northern and southern transepts from the end of the 15th or the beginning of the 16th century. The shape of the building on a cruciform plan is rare for this area. To the south of the church is a pair of standing stones, one of which has a sculpted cross, probably made in the 7th-9th century, and the other has a cross dated to the 9th – 11th century.
Website cpat.demon.co.uk, Church of St Digain, Llangernyw.