The first mention of the church of St. Michael in Llanfihangel y Creuddyn come from documents from the mid-13th century. It was expanded in the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries. The renovation was carried out in 1870-1874, unfortunately all portals and windows were replaced, and the new porch and sacristy were added.
The church consists of a two-span chancel, a centrally located, three-story tower, a three-span nave, northern and southern transepts, a southern, modern porch, and also a modern sacristy on the south side of the presbytery. The nave, chancel and transepts were built in the 13th-14th century, and the tower was added in the fifteenth century. Inside, there is a barrel timber roof truss from around 1500.
Wooding J., Yates N., A Guide to the churches and chapels of Wales, Cardiff 2011.
Website coflein.gov.uk, St Michael’s church, Llanfihangel y Creuddyn.