The chapel of St. Anthony, also called the Seamen’s Chapel or the Fishermen’s Chapel, was erected in 1447 by knight Edward de Shirburn. Originally it served as a charnel for drowners at sea, it became a chapel only in the twentieth century. It was renovated in 1853 and again in 1862.
The chapel is a small, aisleless building on a rectangular plan with a vaulted crypt below. A separate entrance portal leads to the crypt and is lit by small slits located just above the ground level. The upper part of the chapel is topped with a saddle roof and illuminated with late-gothic windows. Inside there is a small stone piscina.
Website britishlistedbuildings.co.uk, Sailors’ Chapel.
Website wikipedia.org, Sailors’ Chapel, Angle.