The church was built in the first half of the 13th century. Around 1280, it was extended, which led to a significant enlargement of the building structure. The reconstruction was also carried out in the next century, when the northern aisle was created, and a tower was added to the west façade. It was destroyed in 1663 during one of the Turkish invasions. In the fifteenth century, the chapel of Holy Trinity was added from the south side of the church. Today, it has a call of Saint Bartholomew. In the 16th century during the Reformation the church was taken over by Evangelicals. Catholics did not receive it until 1628. In the baroque period, a porch was erected at the northern aisle. Construction works were also carried out in the 20th century. Before the west entrance, a porch was built, and a side matroneum was removed in the southern chapel. Comprehensive renovation of the facility has been carried out since the nineties, and the related studies in 2010 have led to the discovery of the romanesque phase of the building.
The original romanesque church was a single-nave building with an unknown shape of the chancel under which the crypt was located. In the second half of the thirteenth century, the nave was stretched towards the west by about half its length, and the romanesque chancel was replaced by a gothic, polygonal choir. In the mid-fourteenth century, a matroneum was erected in the western part of the nave. In the last quarter of the fourteenth century, the church was again extended by the erection of the northern aisle, connected to the central nave by vault. In the fifteenth century, the chapel of Holy Trinity was added from the south side of the church. In the sixteenth century, the matroneum was extended to the north of the nave.
Website apsida.sk, Svätý Jur.