The church was built in the second half of the 13th century. Already in 1320, it was enlarged towards the north, and in the second half of the fifteenth century, the chancel and the sacristy were rebuilt adding new vaults. Between 1550 and 1554, a massive tower appeared, although it is possible that the lower part of the wall was built in the 13th century. In the years 1620-1630, when the church served Protestants, there was a great reconstruction during which the space of two aisles was unified by adding a renaissance vault, which supported two pillars. At the same time, a porch was added to the southern entrance, and the whole was surrounded by a wall with arrowslits. At the end of the seventeenth century, the temple returned to Catholics and there was a change of the call to Saint Matthew. In the eighteenth century, the tower was transformed into a baroque. In 1855, the interior of the church was painted by the famous Slovak painter Józef Božetech Klemens, but already in 1856 the building was destroyed by a fire. At the end of the 19th century, neo-gothic windows were built on the tower.
The temple in its original appearance was an early gothic, two-nave church with a polygonal ended chancel and a sacristy from the north. At the end of the Middle Ages, a tower was added from the west. From the gothic period, the northern portal to the nave, the portal to the sacristy and the late gothic portal on the west side of the tower have been preserved. The interior of the presbytery and the sacristy have a rib vaults.
Website apsida.sk, Partizánska Ľupča.