The church was built in the 13th century. In the first half of the fifteenth century, the interior and partly the external elevations of the church were decorated with wall paintings. In 1447, it was taken by rebels who destroyed the western tower. At the beginning of the sixteenth century, the southern aisle was built, and in the seventeenth century, the tower was rebuilt and a wall was built around the church. Despite the Reformation, the church remained in the hands of Catholics during the sixteenth and early seventeenth centuries. Protestants received it only in 1617 and maintained it until 1679. In 1826, a new church was built in the village, and the old one gradually began to deteriorate. In 1843, however, it was renovated thanks to the efforts of Mórica Rakovski from Liptovska Štiavnica. In 1954, the building was purchased by the state and commissioned to the administration of the Liptov Museum in Ruzomberok. In the period from 1958 to 1966, the church underwent a thorough renovation and in the 1970s it was open to the public. Currently, since 2011, a further renovation has been carried out, in which a roof has been installed and murals have been restored.
The church was built in a simplified early gothic style, typical of the Liptov region as a single-nave construction with a square chancel. The southern aisle was added at the beginning of the 16th century. There are two slits and one round, romanesque window on the eastern and southern walls of the presbytery. The walls of the chancel are decorated with frescoes painted around 1420-1440 by an unknown author, influenced by the Western European style of gothic painting. It is the most extensive cycle of medieval frescoes from the life of Christ in Slovakia.
Website apsida.sk, Ludrová-Kút.