The church was built in the second half of the 13th century. In written sources, it is mentioned for the first time in 1270. In the first half of the fourteenth century, a reconstruction took place, during which the original chancel was replaced by the current polygonal choir. During the Reformation the church passed into the hands of Protestants who used it with breaks between 1575 and 1686. At that time, a matroneum was added to the interior of the temple. In the first half of the nineteenth century nave received a new flat ceiling. External elevations and windows have also been rebuilt. The reconstruction of the building was carried out in the years 1941 – 1942. At that time a southern porch was created.
The church is an early gothic building with a polygonal chancel and a northern vestry. The eastern part of the temple is reinforced by evenly spaced buttresses. Two portals remained from the gothic period: south to the nave and north to the vestry. Three high and very narrow windows on the north side of the nave are quite interesting. Inside the southern wall of the presbytery there is sedilia, and the ceiling was topped with a rib vault.
Website apsida.sk, Liptovský Michal.