The church began to be built together with the adjacent monastery in the first half of the fourteenth century. The construction was completed at the end of the century, thanks to the donation of one of the greatest Upper Hungarian noblemen of that time, called Magister Doncz. In the years of the Reformation it passed into the hands of Protestants. During the Counter-Reformation in the 17th century, the church and the monastery were taken over by the Jesuits. After them, the Minorites settled in it, and finally the Norbertians. In 1671, the nave of the church was rebuilt in the baroque style, but most details of the gothic stonework were preserved.
A brick, bas-relief church is an orientated, three-nave hall structure with a strongly elongated, polygonal chancel. The whole is tied up with prominent buttresses, between which are placed large pointed windows decorated with tracery. To the inside of the church from the south leads a gothic, profiled, pointed portal and next walled, a more modest, but also a gothic portal. Inside, on the northern wall of the nave and the sacristy, polychromes dating from the mid-fourteenth and fifteenth centuries have been preserved. The interior is covered with rib vaults.
Website zabytkowekoscioly.net, Lewocza, kościół Królowej Aniołów, dawny minorytów.