The church was built at the end of the 13th century or at the beginning of the 15th century on the foundations of an older building. It was rebuilt around 1517. From this period comes the late gothic wing altar, whose paintings are attributed to the master Hans, a collaborator of Master Pavel from Levoča. Another modification of the temple took place around 1730, when a wooden matroneum was placed in the space of the nave, increasing the capacity of the church.
The church is a single-nave building with a semicircular chancel passing smoothly into the nave and the sacristy on the northern side and the entrance portal in the west facade. On the south side of the nave, there are gothic windows. The chancel has a six-field, gothic rib vault.