The church was probably founded in the second half of the 13th century, because in 1268 the local priest was mentioned. At the beginning of the 15th century, a gothic reconstruction of the temple was carried out, and around 1500 the eastern wing of the sacristy was widened. In 1782, the church underwent baroque reconstruction. In 1916, the building was destroyed by fire, the most damaged tower had to be rebuilt using original materials. In the second half of the 20th century, the tower received a new roof.
The church was originally a single-nave structure with a western four-sided tower on the axis and a square chancel on the eastern side. There was a gallery in the western part of the nave. At the end of the 13th century, a sacristy was added to the chancel from the north, while at the beginning of the 15th century, during the gothic reconstruction, the romanesque chancel was replaced with a new, larger, polygonal presbytery. At that time, a chapel was also built on the northern side of the nave. At the beginning of the 16th century, the eastern part of vestry was enlarged.
Website apsida.sk, Hrabušice.