The church was built around 1309 in an elevated position, as a typical rural church at that time. At the end of the fourteenth century, the temple was decorated with frescos, probably authored by the same artist who painted St. Juraj struggling with the dragon in the church in Cerin. In the eighteenth century, the church was renovated and received new equipment that has survived to the present. In 1963, it was recognized as a cultural monument.
The simple structure of the church consists of a longitudinal nave, a square chancel and the northern sacristy. On the south side of the nave, the original portal has been preserved, and the second is located in the west facade of the church. A characteristic feature of the building are high and very narrow windows. Inside there are several gothic frescoes. The chancel has a groin vault, and the nave has a flat ceiling.
Website apsida.sk, Horná Mičiná.