The village of Čierna Lehota appeared on the pages of history in 1389, when it was donated as part of the Uhrovec castle estate to Stibor of Stiboricz by king Sigismund of Luxemburg. The local small castle probably did not function at that time. It probably existed from the end of the 13th to the beginning of the 14th century in connection with the colonization of the Bebrava valley, which stretched along the road to Valaská Belá. At that time, these goods were subject to the mighty family of Csák from Trencin.
The castle was situated on the top of a lonely hill called Hrádok with a height of 664 meters above sea level, at its highest southern point. Its main element was a four-sided tower or a building of an irregular shape similar to a trapezoid. Its dimensions in the largest place reached 6.1 x 6.1 meters in length and wall thickness up to 1.5 meters. In front of it there was probably a small walled courtyard, and then on the north side a fortified outer bailey, located 4 meters lower than the upper part of the castle. On the north-east side there was probably a gate, preceded by two carved in rock ditches over which timber bridges had to be placed. The fortifications and economic buildings of the outer bailey were of wood and clay construction.
The castle has not survived to modern times. Only the densely overgrown foundation parts are visible. Admission to its area is free.
Bóna M., Plaček M., Encyklopedie slovenských hradů, Praha 2007.