The church in the village of Čelovce (Hungarian Cselfalva) was built in the last quarter of the 13th century. During the Reformation, very early, in the mid-sixteenth century, it came into possession of the Protestants, who in 1579 founded a vault over the chancel. In later centuries, the church was renovated in 1788, 1826, 1910 and in the years 1932-1933. During one of these renovations, the windows were transformed and a turret was added over the nave. The last major renovation works were carried out in 2000-2004.
The church was built on a fairly gentle hill slope, sloping to the west and north-west. It received the form of an aisleless building, ended in the east with a narrower and lower, square chancel. The walls were fastened from the outside in the corners with buttresses, placed at an angle. The entrance led from the south, through a Romanesque portal with a semicircular head, with an archivolt moulded with a groove. Light fell through small, narrow windows in the southern facades of the nave and chancel and through a single window in the eastern wall of the chancel. Inside, in the eastern wall, there was a Gothic stone niche made, decorated with three bas-relief pinnacles.
The church has a spatial layout unchanged since the Middle Ages., but the turret above the western part of the nave is early modern. The windows have been transformed, although they are still small in size. Inside the chancel, the vault dates from the second half of the 16th century. Among the medieval architectural details, the southern portal, decorative niche in the eastern wall of the chancel, as well as a semicircular niche of the sedilia have been preserved. A stone baptismal font from the 14th century has been preserved among the furnishings.
Súpis pamiatok na Slovensku, zväzok prvý A-J, red. A.Güntherová, Bratislava 1967.