The church was built in the first half of the 12th or maybe in the 11th century. Around 1220, it was extended westwards. After 1280, both the church and the whole local community passed into the possession of the Order of Poor Clares. In the years 1364-1370, they made a gothic reconstruction of the church. In 1605 the temple was damaged during insurgent fights. From 1634, the building belonged to the Calvinists, but it was not used and systematically destroyed. In 1706, the church was once again taken over by the Poor Clares, which in 1713 renovated it. In the mid-nineteenth century, the building received a new roof. In 1976, a professional reconstruction of the church took place, during which romanesque and gothic windows and other original architectural elements were discovered.
The original church was erected using stone material from a Roman tomb, from the 2nd century AD. It was a small building with a long nave and an apse of unknown form. Extensions of the western part of the 13th century, were made using bricks. Due to the extension, a new southern entrance to the nave was also created. During the gothic reconstruction of the fourteenth century, the original apse was replaced by a larger, polygonal chancel, which has the same width as the nave.
Website apsida.sk, Boldog.