The first written mention of the rotunda dates back to 1391, but the structure itself dates back to the end of the 12th or early 13th century, when the Premonstratensian monastery was founded. In the 13th and 14th centuries, the inside of the rotunda was decorated with wall paintings. In 1683 it was damaged and destroyed for over 70 years. The repair took place after 1755, but unfortunately the new dome of the roof was maintained in the baroque style. Romanesque windows were also walled up and new, larger ones were pierced. Only post-war repairs restored the building in a large part a medieval look. Also exposed medieval paintings hidden under later plasters.
The rotunda was built of brick on a circle plan. The entrance portal is located on the south-west side. Small slit windows were placed on the south and east side, another ones were discovered during the renovation on the south-eastern side. Inside, it is divided into 12 shallow niches, probably original sedilia. There are valuable wall paintings from around 1220 (apostles) and others, but unfortunately damaged from 1320-1350 (statues of saints). Rotunda together with the church and monastery was built inside the extensive earth fortifications from the 9th / 10th centuries, created by three concentric earth ramparts.
Website apsida.sk, Bíňa – rotunda.