The first mention of the parish in Zborówek comes from 1326. The settlement was called Beszowo Biskupia, the name of the Zborówek was not established until the middle of the 15th century. The present temple was erected in 1459 by parson Peter, as indicated by the inscription on the arch. The church was re-consecrated after reconstruction in 1654. Around 1870 was renovated, then had two porches from north and west. Unfortunately in 1906-1908 a brick, neo-roman nave was added to the wooden church.
The church was erected on a hill overlooking the countryside. It was originally a wooden, orientated, single-nave gothic church with a rectangular nave and a triple-ended presbytery. A small, rectangular sacristy is attached to it from the north. The church was erected in a log frame, on a stone foundation. The nave and chancel was covered with a single, gable roof, and the facades of the church were covered with formwork from the vertical planks. Church foundations are protected by a drip. The presbytery is covered with an apparent barrel vault.
Inside is a late gothic timber crucifix from the second half of the 15th century and two wings of a late gothic triptych, made in 1481. In the northern part of the nave there is the late gothic triptych of Marczina Czarne from the first half of the 16th century.
The church of St. George is one of the oldest wooden temples in Poland. The monument is generally accessible from the outside, while inside after consultation with the parish priest.
Website zabytek.pl, Kościół par. pw. św. Idziego Opata Zborówek.