The church was built by the Order of Saint Lazarus of Jerusalem in the second half of the fourteenth century, along the road leading from medieval Wrocław to Oława. Near the church was a men’s leprozorium. At the beginning of the 15th century, except for the lepers, others were also taken into, although the lepers were still patients in 1540. During the fighting of Polish-Czech allied troops, the Czech king Vladislaus II of Hungary and his father the king of Poland Kazimierz with Hungarian troops in 1474, church of St. Lazarus became a strong point of command of attacking king Matthias Corvinus. Nearly three centuries later, the artillery of the Prussian troops was located near the church, which besieged the city and in 1757 fired its defenders. During this battle, the western gable of the church was damaged.
At the beginning of the nineteenth century, the hospital was transformed into a nursing home, and after a hundred years the project of demolishing the hospital with the church was considered. This intention, however, was abandoned, in 1907 the church was rearranged and later the church was restored. Fighting from 1945 the church survived with minor devastation. In the years 1946-49 the damage was repaired. During the “flood of the millennium” in 1997, the church was under water. At the end of the 1990s, it was drained and restored.
The church is a small aisleless building with an interior length of 12.7 and a width of 7.9 meters. It consists of a single nave and a short chancel, ended on the east with a straight wall. In the interior, a 14th century gothic vault corbel, a 15th-century gothic portal and two painted altar wings from the second half of the 15th century have preserved.
Website wikipedia.org, Kościół św. Łazarza we Wrocławiu.