Originally on the site of the church there was a funeral chapel of St. Mary Magdalene. The first mention of it comes from 1267 from the document of the founder, prince Wladyslaw. It was under the care of a guild of furriers living on today’s Oławska Street. At the beginning of the 15th century, with the participation of architect and stone master Henryk from Ząbkowice, the chapel was rebuilt into a gothic church. It was at least since 1416, when Polish sermons were preached, a center of Poles living in Wrocław. In the middle of the 15th century the church changed its patron to Saint Christopher. Thanks to that it gained considerable benefits, confirmed by the Pope. In 1461 a square tower was added to the church, topped with a pyramid-shaped lead helmet. In 1539 the church received a clock, in 1575 the structure of the tower and helmet was changed to the renaissance, and in 1602 a vestry was built.
Since the beginning of the 16th century, when the Reformation began to grow in Wrocław, the church served as a Lutheran Polish school. The pressure of the Prussian kings in the 18th century, however, was aimed at eliminating the national role of the evangelical church. In 1809, the Prussian authorities demanded that the consistory cease preaching sermons in Polish, Czech and Sorbian. Despite this they continued until 1888.
At the end of the siege of Wrocław in 1945, the church suffered considerable damage. It was rebuilt in the years 1947-1949 and 1957-1958 according to the designs of Edmund Malachowicz.
The church was originally a one-nave, three-span brick building on a rectangular plan measuring 32×16 meters with a narrower polygonal ended chancel. The nave was covered with a net vault, while the one-span five-sided chancel, had rib vault. The steep roof was covered with tile. From 1461 on the western façade there was a square in the plan tower.
Website wikipedia.org, Kościół św. Krzysztofa we Wrocławiu.