The first fortifications may have been raised by the heir of the village and castellan of Lublin Piotr Szczekocki in the second half of the fourteenth century. With his son Peter, the first brick mansion should be built. In the hands of Szczekocki Wojciechów survived until 1483, when it came to possession of the Pilecki coat of arms Leliwa. The construction of a defensive tower – the researchers attributed to Jan Pilecki, who from 1514 was the Lublin starost. In 1534 his nephews rented the building to Firlejs and later to Stanisław Spinak. Since 1580 the village has remained in the hands of the Orzechowski, who at the beginning of the 17th century built a new palace near the fortress and used the tower for economic purposes. Both Spinkow and Orzechowscy were Protestants, hence the name “Arian”.
The first fortifications were the two earth ramparts, separated by a moat from the 13th century. Brick building from the end of the 15th century was erected in the southern part of ward. It was built of stone and bricks, had dimensions of 9×27 meters and a single-bay layout. It might have been a storeyed, and a small outbuilding on the south wall served as a staircase.
The tower house was erected in the north part of the site of the local stones on a square of 12×13 meters. It had two-storey, vaulted cellars and three or four floors, two of which were also covered with vaults. The entrance to the tower was on the south side, where a staircase was added at the beginning of the 17th century. Probably in the first half of the 16th century the entire former farmyard was surrounded by walls with arrowslits to reinforce the defensive values of the site.
At present, the Ariańska Tower houses the Commune Center of Culture, the Regional Museum, the Smithery Museum, the Municipal Library, the Agrotourist Information Point and the café.
Leksykon zamków w Polsce, L.Kajzer, S.Kołodziejski, J.Salm, Warszawa 2003.