Church of St. Witalis was founded in 1330 by bishop Maciej of Gołańcz, after the destruction of the city and the burning of the cathedral by the Teutonic Knights in 1329. Until 1411, it was the replacement of the cathedral, then the hospital church. In 1535 it was restored and vaulted. Since 1569 the church was in use of a seminary. In 1717 a sacristy was erected on the north wall of the chancel. In the years 1851-1853 the church was repaired and in 1888 a new tower was erected. In the years 1930-1934 another repair was made. This time a new music choir was created, using part of the corridor of the seminary building and partially exposed plastered walls. During World War II the church served as a chapel for german soldiers in the hospital, to which the seminar building was adapted. Church of St. Witalis is the oldest architectural monument in Włocławek.
It is a gothic, oriented, brick-built gothic church. It has a short two-span chancel closed three-sided, and next to it from the north five-sided sacristy. The two-span nave is larger and slightly higher. The interior is covered with a rib vault from 1535, and a net vault in the nave. Outside, the church is covered with buttresses. At the end of the walls are friezes; frieze of the chancel is revived with decoration with tracery motifs.
Website odznaka.kuj-pom.bydgoszcz.pttk.pl, kościół p.w. św Witalisa we Włocławku.