The first mention of the castle dates back to 1351, when the village belonged to Peter von Domantz. It was the prince’s property leased by the knights, but in the late Middle Ages it eventually passed into private hands, becoming the property of von Stosch’s family in the second half of the 15th century. In the following centuries the castle often changed owners. After 1738 it was purchased by Cistercians from Henrykowo. In the second half of the 18th century it was destroyed by fire and at the time of its rebuilding it lost the defensive character. In the hands of the order remained to the secularization in 1810, from 1812 it passed to the princes of Sachsen-Weimar. The castle was not destroyed in 1945.
The medieval castle was probably a quadrangular site, maybe with a later quadrangular tower. As a result of reconstruction from the 16th century, artillery fortifications with five earth bastions were built. The fortress was reinforced with earth ramparts and wide moats.
The castle was heavily rebuilt in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, losing its original, medieval appearance. Currently it consists of three wings formed from several buildings, grouped around an opened from the north courtyard. In the inner south-west corner there is a quadrangular tower, probably the oldest part of the foundation. In the northwest corner a cylindrical tower is located. The castle should be renovated, currently it is for sale.
Leksykon zamków w Polsce, red. L.Kajzer, Warszawa 2003.
Pilch J., Leksykon zabytków architektury Dolnego Śląska, Warszawa 2005.