The castle was erected at the end of the fourteenth century. At the beginning of the 15th century it belonged to knight Burgund von Stibitz. In 1540 next to the castle, the renaissance manor was built by Hans von Zedlitz. In the modern period it was rebuilt and modernized.
The castle was built on a small hill on a quadrilateral plan with a courtyard of about 15×20 meters. From the north and west it was defended by double moats and earth ramparts.
To this day, only several meters of the castle’s peripheral wall have survived. Admission to the area of relics located in the forest is free.
Leksykon zamków w Polsce, red. L.Kajzer, Warszawa 2003.