Since the thirteenth century in Uraz there was a castellan hillfort, belonging to the princes of Wrocław, and from 1319, local goods belonged to the knight Andreas Radak, who perhaps built the oldest brick building. In 1344, the castle burgrave Hancko von Auras was mentioned in historical sources, and in the years 1428-1443, the stronghold belonged to the Czirnow family. In 1466 George of Poděbrady granted local goods to the knight Christoph von Skopp, who extended his seat. The next construction works were carried out in the 16th century and then in the 17th century, when corner turrets were added and the castle was transformed into a baroque residence. In 1810, the outer fortifications were removed, and the palace itself was rebuilt in the neo-gothic style, almost completely removing the older elements of the interior. In 1945, the castle burned down during the war, and from then on, it remains a progressive ruin.
The castle was built of boggy ore and bricks. In the first, oldest construction phase, castle walls were built on the irregular plan, a triangular residential and defensive tower and a four-sided gatehouse. The triangular tower had a side with a length of 23 meters and three floors were originally separated from each other by timber ceilings. The ground floor walls were 2.5 meters thick. Internal divisions were probably also timber at the time. The entrance led from the inner courtyard to the level of the second floor. During the medieval reconstruction, the interiors were divided by brick walls with a Flemish bond and a centrally arranged, circular pillar, supporting the rib vaults. Vaults were at the basement and ground floor.
The ruins of the triangular castle tower, rebuilt in early modern times, have survived to the present day. Currently, it is in private hands, but its visiting is possible after consultation with the owner.
Chorowska M., Rezydencje średniowieczne na Śląsku, Wrocław 2003.
Leksykon zamków w Polsce, red. L.Kajzer, Warszawa 2003.