The church was erected in the years 1493-1516 in gothic style. From about 1585 to 1654 it was a Protestant church. In 1746 it was again raised to the function of the parish church of St. Hedwig. In 1752, the church was baroquesated by covering of the nave with a wooden ceiling, a widening of window openings in nave and sacristy, and building of the western porch in the half-timbered structure and the outbuilding at the tower. The church was renovated several times in the 19th and early 20th centuries. In 1931, the interior was revitalized, and the pointed windows was restored. In 1995 a baroque porch was demolished and a new brick building was erected in its former place.
The church is orientated, bricked with zendrówka bricks and buttressed. It was set up on a square plan, with a narrower, quadrilateral chancel, and also a quadrilateral tower with a sacristy in the ground flooor, adjoining it from the north. The facades of the church are crowned with cornice and pointed windows. The western gable of the nave is decorated with a panel dating back to 1493. In the east of the chancel there is a late Gothic, sandstone tabernacle, decorated with the coat of arms and date 1516.
Website zabytek.pl, Kościół parafialny pw. Wniebowzięcia Najświętszej Marii Panny Tyniec Mały.