The church was erected in the second half of the 14th century. It was renovated and rebuilt several times, among others in 1894 and 1901, but still retains its original, gothic character.
Church of St. James the Apostle is a rectangular, orientated, three-aisle brick building with a separate, polygonal chancel and tower from the west. The sacristy adjoins the northern side, and the porch is added to the south. These elements are decorated with pinnacles. Massive brick-wooden tower is built on an octagonal plan. Inside there are stellar vaults.