The Gothic church of St. James was erected on the site of an earlier wooden temple in the second half of the 14th century. Its consecration was made in 1376 by the bishop of Warmia Henry III Sorbs. The church was destroyed three times by great fires: in 1550, 1636 and 1767. In 1783 the temple was rebuilt with the contributions of the people throughout Warmia. In the years 1901-1902 the building was rebuilt. It was expanded to include a transept, two sacristas and a new chancel. Two matronea were erected on the left and right sides of the transept. The temple also received homogeneous neo-gothic equipment.
The church was erected on a rectangular plan with a massive, quadrangular, three-storey tower. The main nave, on the east side, is enlarged by the polygonal ended presbytery. The gothic form of the temple is underlined by the pointed windows. In the interior, the main nave with three bays is separated from the aisles by four massive pillars. There are stellar vaults above the chancel, and rib vaults are located in both sacristies.
Website wikipedia.org, Kościół Świętego Jakuba Apostoła w Tolkmicku.