The first owners of the tenement house from the turn of the 15th / 16th century were Koruszowscy coat of arms Kościesza. In 1524 it was bought by Jan Mikołajowski and remodeled. In 1527, Mikolajowski passed the tenement house to the vicariates of the collegiate church and it was in their possession until 1547, when it was purchased by the canon and cantor Marcin Blady. The same tenement house became the property of the Chapter. In 1760 the building became the residence of the rector of the academic colony, and from 1808 to the beginning of the 20th century it housed a school and a gymnasium.
Mikołajowski’s House (Nicholas House) is a Gothic-Renaissance townhouse in the north-western part of the Cathedral Square. It is a two storey building with basement. In the middle of the building is a entry lobby and a staircase. The cellars and one of the rooms on the ground floor are covered with a barrel vault, while the remaining rooms have original timber ceilings. The building has many original architectural details. There are fragments of polychromy, Gothic window frames and two stone late Gothic portals.
Krasnowolski B., Leksykon zabytków architektury Małopolski, Warszawa 2013.