The church in Sulisławice was built in the second half of the 13th century. Around 1600 it was rebuilt and obtained its present shape. In the 17th and 18th centuries, renovations were made to change the interior design.
In the Romanesque period, the church had a rectangular nave, but it is not known how the original chancel looked like. In the southern elevation there was a late Romanesque portal, closed with a semicircular moulded archivolt. The interior was illuminated by small, semi-circularly closed, splayed window openings. An unknown number of them was pierced in the southern wall of the nave, and a single one in the western elevation.
The walls of the western part of the nave up to a height of about 4 meters have survived from the Romanesque period to the present day. In their western wall there is a splayed, semicircular, former window opening, and on the southern side, a late Romanesque portal. Today, the church is a structure composed of a nave and a non-separated chancel, closed with a straight wall. The sacristy adjoins the chancel from the north.
Świechowski Z., Katalog architektury romańskiej w Polsce, Warszawa 2009.
Website zabytkowekoscioly.net, Sulisławice, kościół Narodzenia NMP.