The church was built in the early 14th century as a sanctuary for the Old Strzegom. It was mentioned in 1456 as a hospital chapel, and in 1819 as a cemetery chapel. It was rebuilt in the early 16th century.
The church is orientated, one nave with two spans with triangular end of the chancel, covered with a rib vault. The square nave has a flat, timber ceiling, but perhaps it was originally covered with a cross vault supported by a single pillar. The whole church is surrounded by buttresses. From the north in the 16th century, the sacristy was added. Inside is tabernacle made of sandstone in gothic style, from the second half of the fifteenth century.
Pilch J., Leksykon zabytków architektury Dolnego Śląska, Warszawa 2005.