The church was probably built in the second half of the 13th century or at the beginning of the 14th century. Around 1500 a tower was added to it. In the years 1540-1668 it was an Evangelical church, then again the Roman Catholic church. During the Thirty Years War the church suffered, among others roof was destroyed. After a lightning strike in 1815, the building fell into complete ruin and remains in it until today.
The church was a building made of erratic stones, aisleless, with a narrower rectangular chancel to the east. The sacristy adjoined the chancel from the north. A four-sided tower was added to the western gable wall of the nave of the church, made of erratic boulders and bog iron. The ruins of the church, situated on a hill, are surrounded by the remains of a stone wall, with a gate with an pointed passage, dating back to the 14th-15th centuries.