The church in Stolec was built in the middle of the 13th century. In 1240 a local village voigt was recorded, in 1248 prince Henry III confirmed that when the German law was granted, the peasants from Stolec were obliged to pay tithes from each lan (unit of measure), and in 1251 the church itself was mentioned in the document. In the sixteenth century its towers were raised and topped with new Renaissance helmets, and in the eighteenth century, the porch and sacristy were added. Unfortunately, most of the windows in the nave were also transformed at that time. The temple, although originally Catholic, in the years 1536-1653 and from 1707 until the end of World War II was a Protestant church. In the years 1837-1863 a restaurant of building was carried out. Unused until 1960, today church is the seat of the parish.
The church was built of erratic stones, while its architectural details were made of sandstone. It was created from a rectangular, longitudinal nave (15.1 x 9.3 meters) and a shorter, rectangular chancel with two bays (9.3 x 6.9 meters). Its characteristic feature are two quadrilateral, lofty towers rising from the eastern part of the nave, just near the contact point of the presbytery. It was an unusual solution for church in such a small settlement as Stolec.
Inside, the nave was originally covered with a wooden flat ceiling. The chancel was covered with a vault with ribs flowing onto the corbels of a geometric form, fastened with bosses covered with early Gothic reliefs.
The church in Stolec has retained its medieval layout, distinguished by two towers, rarely found in rural parish churches. Inside the temple, attention is drawn to the late Gothic wall polychrome, the altar setting from the beginning of the 16th century and the rib vault supported by carved corbels in the presbytery.
Kozaczewski T., Wiejskie kościoły parafialne XIII wieku na Śląsku (miejscowości S-Ż) i na Łużycach, Wrocław 1994.
Pilch J., Leksykon zabytków architektury Dolnego Śląska, Warszawa 2005.