The romanesque parish church of St. Peter and Paul was established at the end of the 12th or early 13th century, when the settlement was an important center, later losing to the new town. The first written references to it come from the middle of the 14th century. According to tradition, it was founded by Piotr Dunin, palatine of prince Bolesław Krzywousty. Church originally had the call of St. Peter. At the end of the 15th or early 16th century it was expanded. In 1907, the western part of the church was thoughtlessly dismantled to create a new, ugly building.
The medieval church consisted of a single nave corpus and a straight ended chancel. At present the nave is shortened by two bays. At the south wall of the aisle, a three-stepped romanesque portal, decorated with symbolic representations, figures, masks and Christ was preserved. Near the south window near the presbytery you can see the sundial, probably one of the oldest in Wielkopolska.
Dzieje budownictwa w Polsce według Oskara Sosnowskiego, t. 1, Świechowski Z., Zachwatowicz J., Warszawa 1964.
Jarzewicz J., Kościoły romańskie w Polsce, Kraków 2014.