The church was built at the turn of the 15th and 16th centuries. In the 18th century it was rebuilt, and in 1945 burned during the war. Reconstruction was conducted in 1977-1986.
The building was erected from a poorly processed erratic stones. The bricks were used only in frames of portals, windows and blendes in the eastern gable. It received the form of a simple rural aisleless building (a single nave without a chancel separated externally), enriched with a massive squat, four-sided tower on the west side.
A characteristic feature was the still visible, symmetry of the block of the church. The north and south elevations had three pointed windows with profiled frames. In the time of reconstruction the central window of the south elevation was expanded into a portal. The walls do not have a plinth, but they are crowned with a stepped brick cornice. The western tower, erected on a square plan, is slightly more narrow than the nave. It is characterized by no external floor dividers, a small portal entrance on the south side and a blending decoration of the upper part of the wall. The main entrance to the church led through the tower portal. Next to this portal at the south-west corner of the tower is a small buttress.
The elevation on which the church is located is surrounded by a high stone-brick cemetery wall, with a wicket gate and two entrances from the turn of the 15th and 16th centuries. In the south gate is a stone holy water font.
Website architektura.pomorze.pl, Stare Chrapowo ( Alt Grape ).