The church was built in the early 16th century. In 1590 it was renewed by the carpenter John of Mstów, who left his signature. In the 17th century, a tower was added to the west, which was demolished in 1922. Around 1678, the sacristy was rebuilt, damaged during the fire, while at the beginning of the 19th century a brick chapel was added to the church. From 1949, the building was unused, but in 1955-1956 it underwent extensive conservation works, which saved its existence.
It is a gothic, orientated, wooden structure, erected in a log structure, with walls and roofs covered with shingle. It consists of a wider nave and a three-side ended presbytery. There are porches from the south and west. The church is covered with a gable roof with a common ridge, supported on a gothic roof truss. The interior of the church is covered with flat ceilings.
The basic, Gothic block of the church has remained unchanged since its creation to the present day. Three late Gothic portals closed with an ogee arch and a gothic window in the eastern wall of the presbytery also have survived. Inside you can see the 16th century baptismal font and fragments of the original polychrome.
Cisowski B., Duda M., Szlak architektury drewnianej. Małopolska, Kraków 2005.
Krasnowolski B., Leksykon zabytków architektury Małopolski, Warszawa 2013.
Website zabytkowekoscioly.net, Siemiechów, kościół Matki Boskiej Gromnicznej.