Church of St. Michael was erected in the second half of the thirteenth century, and the first mention of it comes from 1335. In the document of Siedlce foundation, issued by the prince Konrad Głogowski, the chapel is mentioned. It was expanded in 1372 on the initiative and foundation of a knight of Polish origin, Prokut. At the beginning of the fifteenth century, the Nostitz family became the owners of the estates, which in 1534 enlarged the church by a southern chapel and a wooden porch from the west side.
In 1534, the church was handed over to the Evangelicals, through which it was modernized at the turn of the 16th and 17th centuries. In this period, galleries covered with paintings were placed on three sides of the nave. It increased the number of places in the temple, because for the Protestant devotions to Siedlce, the people gathered from many places where there were no churches of the Protestant religion.
In 1612, polychrome was added to the vault of the presbytery, and in 1618, the sons of Ewa von Nostitz founded a coffered ceiling decorated with biblical scenes. In 1751, the family of von Wechmar became the owners of the village and built a chapel and a burial crypt on the north side of the church. In the 18th century, the church was partially restored and renovated. In the years 1921-1925, it underwent another major refurbishment. The western wall of the nave was then repaired, the porches were added and the entrance to the galleries from the west was added from the west. The western gable of the church was also changed and a new roof was established. In 1945, the church returned to the Catholics.
The original chapel from the 13th century consisted only of today’s chancel. In the fourteenth century, a higher and wider nave was added, and as a result, a single-nave, orientated church was built. The chancel was built of brick in the monk bond, while the nave wall in the flemish bond. The three-bay choir was covered with a rib vault. Its bosses come from around 1480, one of them is decorated with the Polish coat of arms “Korab” of the founder knight Prokut. In the first half of the 16th century, the building expanded to include the southern chapel that still exists today and the not preserved western porch.
Website wikipedia.org, Kościół św. Michała Archanioła w Siedlcach.