The church in Siecieborzyce was probably founded in the second half of the 13th century. It was recorded for the first time indirectly in historical sources in 1273, when Bishop Thomas II excommunicated the local parish priest named Jan. In 1508, it was enlarged with a sacristy and tower. Also a flat ceiling above the nave was replaced with brick vaults. Probably at the same time, the majority of window openings were enlarged and the façades were plastered. The church underwent reconstruction also in the Baroque period, as evidenced by the crowning of the southern porch. In 1905, the church was regothisated, during which polychromes were made on the vaults.
The original church was erected as an orientated building, consisting of a single nave on a rectangular plan (14.4 x 9.5 meters), to which a chancel (7.4 x 5.4 meters) was added to the east, also erected on a rectangular plan. In the 16th century, a sacristy was added to it from the north and a four-sided tower on the west side of the nave, located slightly asymmetrically, with a slight shift to the south. The nave and the lower chancel were covered with separate gable roofs, and the northern annex was covered with an extended roof of the chancel.
In the Middle Ages, the entrance to the church led from the south, where pointed portals were pierced in the wall of the nave and the chancel. The moulded one in the nave was a bit more sophisticated of them. The third pointed portal led from the chancel to the sacristy. The original windows of the church were pointed, splayed. They were characterized by small, narrow openings.
The nave was initially covered with a flat, wooden ceiling, perhaps based on wooden pillars due to the considerable width of the nave. In the 16th century, it was crowned with a net vault, a stellar vault was built in the chancel (in place of an earlier wooden barrel vault), and a diamond vault was erected in the sacristy.
To this day, the church has retained its early Gothic body with a Gothic tower and sacristy (enlarged by an early modern porch from the south), but many of the original architectural details have been transformed. The original windows have survived on the northern side of the nave and eastern wall of the chancel; you can also see two original pointed portals on the south side and one later portal on the north side. The interior of the nave is now covered with a net vault, the chancel had a stellar vault, and the sacristy diamond one.
Kozaczewski T., Wiejskie kościoły parafialne XIII wieku na Śląsku (miejscowości P-S), Wrocław 1994.
Pilch J., Kowalski S., Leksykon zabytków Pomorza Zachodniego i ziemi lubuskiej, Warszawa 2012.