Church of St. John the Baptist at Rzepiennik Biskupi was erected at the beginning of the 16th century, although it can not be ruled out that it is older. There was a 1484 inscription that could refer to the present as well as to the earlier church. The tower was probably built in the seventeenth century, and in the nineteenth century a small porch was added.
It is a gothic temple, one nave, log structure, mostly shingled. It consists of a nave and a narrow chancel, triangulary ended. They are covered with a common shingle roof, over the chancel with wide hoods. A tower with sloping walls and with overhanging porch adjoins the nave. Three portals with lintels and ogee arches are gothic. The interior of the temple is covered with flat ceilings. The gothic-renaissance triptych from the beginning of the 16th century draw attention.
Krasnowolski B., Leksykon zabytków architektury Małopolski, Warszawa 2013.
Szlak architektury drewnianej. Małopolska, Cisowski B., Duda M., Kraków 2005.