The origins of the brick castle in Rokitnica are connected with prince Henry Brodaty, whose initiative the fortress was supposed to be built in the second quarter of the 13th century. The castle was located on the right bank of the lowland of Kaczawa river, serving as a protection for the ferry, the customs chamber and the nearby gold mines. Its expansion took place in the second half of the 13th century and at the beginning of the next century. From 1319 comes the first mention of the castle chapel. In the 15th century knights robbers took over the castle, making it their base. This led to the destruction of the fortress by the army of townsmen of Świdnica and Wrocław in 1451, after which the castle was never rebuilt.
The castle had a regular plan close to the quadrangle of about 38×44 meters with a slightly curved western curtain. It was protected by a stone wall of 2,37 meters wide. Nine meters away was a second defensive wall forming an zwinger. The house was located in the north and measured about 10×34 meters. From the side of the courtyard was added a small chapel, ended polygonly. The four walls were surrounded by two moats.
To this day, only one wall remains, probably the castle chapel. Entry into the ruins area is free.
Leksykon zamków w Polsce, red. L.Kajzer, Warszawa 2003.