The church was erected before 1367. During the fire of the village in 1460 the roofs and the interior of the building were destroyed. After 1466 the temple was rebuilt. During the Reformation, around 1585, the building was taken over by Evangelicals. In the years 1742 and 1831 the church was renovated. The Evangelicals worshiped in the building until 1944. In 1945 it returned to the Catholics.
The church is a Gothic, brick basilica composed of the chancel, a three-aisle nave and a quadrangular tower from the west. The oldest part, dating back to the end of the 14th century, is the chancel, covered with a cross-rib vault supported by richly carved capitals. The four-bay nave in the central aisle was probably covered with a flat timber ceiling, as evidenced by the fault of the wall over the chancel arch, defining the original height of the building. Massive arcades open up to the aisles, covered with vaults. The building from the west was illuminated by one large window in the central aisle, which was covered in the second half of the 15th century, the massive four-sided tower, passing in the octagon in the fourth floor. At that time, a porch was added from the south, and sacristy from the north, in the corner of the chancel and nave.
Website pruszcz.diecezja.gda.pl, Historia kościoła.