The parish in Poczernin (Putczerlyn in 1220, Pusserlin in 1539) already functioned in 1338, although the brick church was built only in the last quarter of the 15th century. At the beginning of the 16th century, it was enlarged with a tower, and the entire nave was plastered and covered with bossage. The new wooden helmet of the tower was built in 1850, and in the same century, round windows were also pierced. In 1912 the tower was renovated, in 1940 the interior was painted, and in 1945 it was re-consecrated.
The church was built as a simple aisleless building, erected of erratic stones and a small amount of bricks. The chancel was not separated either externally or inside the temple, only the eastern part of the building was diversified with a three-sided closure. On the west side, on the façade axis, a four-sided tower, massive in relation to the nave, was added. Pointed windows were pierced high, close to the eaves of the roof, they were also decorated at the edges with a brick shaft profile. The entrance originally led from the south, through a pointed, relatively wide portal, decorated with a double shaft profile, and from the west, through a portal in the ground floor of the tower, with a pointed archivolt and triple chamfer. In the upper parts, the external façades of the tower were decorated with slender blendes and pierced with narrow single and double openings. Inside, in the eastern closure, an ogival niche was created in the wall – a piscina, with tapering walls.
Despite the early modern transformations, the church retained its original shape and layout, as well as several architectural details (e.g. blendes, piscina). Of the post-medieval modifications, the most noticeable are the high spire of the tower and the new and transformed windows. The original western portal has been preserved, the southern one is now walled up, while the northern one was built after the Reformation. From the original furnishings of the church, you can see the sacramentary located in the eastern wall, dating from around 1500.
Katalog zabytków powiatu stargardzkiego, red. M.Majewski, tom II, Stargard 2010.