The parish church of Saint Barbara was built around the middle of the 13th century. Originally, it was under the patronage of the Augustinian Abbey on Sand in Wrocław, which was mentioned in 1313 during the transfer of patronage to a certain Konrad von Moyes. In the seventeenth or eighteenth century, a western tower and sacristy were added. In the nineteenth century, the building was renovated, and in 1959 and 1972-1975 renewed.
The original church was a romanesque, aisleless building, built of unworked stone. The medieval part consists of a rectangular nave with internal dimensions of 14.1×9.5 meters and almost a square chancel with internal dimensions of 6.9×7.3 meters, ended with an apse with a vault in the form of a hemisphere. In the presbytery there was a cross-rib vault founded on corner columns and fastened with a boss decorated with relief floral motifs, while in the nave a flat timber ceiling.
The church has the original spatial layout, but has been enlarged by an early modern tower on the west side and the sacristy from the north. On the southern side, the traces by the presbytery point to the functioning of a former outbuilding there. Unfortunately all the portals and windows have been transformed, except for the central opening in the apse and the modest portal in the western wall of the nave. The chancel vault has survived in its original state, unfortunately without ancillary columns destroyed in the 19th century. In the presbytery there is a late gothic tabernacle and a stone baptismal font.
Pilch J, Leksykon zabytków architektury Dolnego Śląska, Warszawa 2005.
Świechowski Z., Architektura na Śląsku do połowy XIII wieku, Warszawa 1955.
Website wikipedia.org, Pastuchów.