The timber church in Paczółtowice was erected around 1515 on the initiative of one of several co-owners of the village. The tower was built several years later and was transformed into its present shape in the 18th century. The temple was renovated in the years 1671-1681, by a stonemason and carpenter from nearby Dębnik, Adam Negowicz. During the restaurant the church was underbricked, covered with a new roof, interior was renovated and whole site was walled. At the end of the 19th century, a sacristy and a porch were added.
The temple was erected in a late-gothic style, in log structure. The tower was built of oak timber. Church is composed of a square nave and a rectangular chancel with triangular ending. Both elements are covered by a common ceiling and steep, covered with shingle, gable roof. To the nave from the west adjoins the tower, to the south adjoins a porch and the vestry from the north. The tower has the shape of a square, with a porch in the ground floor and with slightly sloping walls. It is covered by a baroque helmet. The walls of the nave, the chancel and the tower are vertically boarded. Inside the church is the pointed chancel arch and two portals with a ogee arches.
Brykowski R., Kornecki M., Drewniane kościoły w Małopolsce południowej, Wrocław 1984.
Cisowski B., Duda M., Szlak architektury drewnianej. Małopolska, Kraków 2005.
Krasnowolski B., Leksykon zabytków architektury Małopolski, Warszawa 2013.