Church of St. Andrew was built in 1538-1549 on the site of the earlier one. In 1610-1617 a tower was added from the west. In 1732, the previous brick sacristy was replaced with a new, wooden one, and in turn arcades were added to the walls of the nave and presbytery. In 1802, the tower was destroyed by a lightning strike. By a happy coincidence, the fire did not spread to the whole building.
Church ceased to be used in 1908, when the new building took over the function of the parish church. Initially, the historic church was to be dismantled, but the conservator of monuments and the lord of the estate in Osiek, Oskar Rudnicki, did not agree, and they provided the necessary funds for its preservation. A thorough renovation took place in the years 1970-1975, and the renovation of the interior and equipment in the 90s of the twentieth century.
The church is orientated, built in a log construction, in addition to the tower, which has a pole-frame construction. The framework construction in late Gothic churches from the Małopolska region was shaped in a characteristic way, slightly narrowing towards the top of individual frames. The way of joining them in the corners was varied, but they were always accompanied by so-called covered pegs, i.e. the element stiffening the bond itself. This was the basic factor distinguishing the early medieval, primitive construction from that used by professional carpenters from the period of late Gothic.
The building originally consisted of a four-sided, square-like nave and a narrower, polygonal enclosed chancel located in the eastern part of the church. An early modern sacristy was attached to it from the north. The whole was covered with a shingled, two-ridge roof, which was more characteristic of wooden churches of the Silesian type than of the Lesser Poland (Małopolska) one. The nave and presbytery were surrounded by open arcades with a prominent shingle roof.
Located in the western part of the church, the tower received inclined, boarded walls. In its central part a mono-pitched roof was erected, at the top it was crowned with a porch and above it was a hip helmet, which was formerly a spire tower with four accompanying corner turrets.
Brykowski R., Drewniana architektura kościelna w Małopolsce XV wieku, Warszawa 1981.
Brykowski R., Kornecki M., Drewniane kościoły w Małopolsce południowej, Wrocław 1984.
Cisowski B., Duda M., Szlak architektury drewnianej. Małopolska, Kraków 2005.
Krasnowolski B., Leksykon zabytków architektury Małopolski, Warszawa 2013.