The parish in Osiek Jasielski was established in 1370, and the present church was erected at the turn of the 15th and 16th centuries. The local tradition moves its creation to 1419. Around 1640, the church underwent a thorough rebuilding and extension: a tower with a porch was added, the roof was rebuilt and the interior was changed. Another renovation was carried out in the second half of the 18th century. During the renovation in 1840, the walls inside the church were decorated with polychrome. In 1976, protective work was carried out, and in 2006-2009, the general overhaul of structural elements and shingle roofing was carried out.
The church is a orientated building towards the sides of world, erected in a log construction. The church is three-aisle in the pseudo-basilica layout, so the two aisles are adjacent to the central nave. This is an extremely rare solution in timber architecture. A sacristy was added to the three-side ended chancel, and the west side is closed by a low, squat tower on a square plan in a pole construction, with side annexes. The nave and the presbytery are covered with a single roof with a six-sided ridge turret. The walls of the church are covered with shingles, the interior is covered with flat ceilings, and the barrel vaults are located in the side aisles.
Despite repeated transformations, the church has preserved a severe, late-Gothic shape. Its oldest survived pieces of equipment are: a late-Gothic crucifix from the 16th century and a stone baptismal font from the 16th century.
Brykowski R., Kornecki M., Drewniane kościoły w Małopolsce południowej, Wrocław 1984.
Krasnowolski B., Leksykon zabytków architektury Małopolski, Warszawa 2013.