The church was built in the fourteenth century, or as maintained by other sources at the turn of the twelfth / thirteenth century. The first mention of the existence of the parish in Oborzany comes from 1300, the pastor was then Herman, the superior of the monastery in Myślibórz. In 1712, a half-timbered tower was added, and in the 19th century a porch.
The church was erected from regularly worked granite blocks. It is an orientated, aisleless object, with a half-timbered tower led out of the nave, built in early modern times.