The local parish was founded by the Teutonic Order around 1300. The gothic parish church also comes from the same period. The construction of the main corpus of the building was completed in the middle of the 14th century. The upper part of the church tower was added in the second half of the 16th century. The temple was devastated during the Swedish wars in the seventeenth century and then thoroughly renewed.
The church consists of a nave and a narrower chancel, ended with a straight wall. The nave and the lower part of the presbytery is made of stone, the remaining walls were built of bricks. The tower at the bottom is built on a plan of a square above passes into an octagon. A porch adjoins the presbytery from the north and from the south an early modern sacristy from the 19th century.
The building has ogival windows, outside it is surrounded with buttresses, at the presbytery with one step. The walls of the presbytery were crowned with an arcaded and tracery frieze of molded bricks. Eastern elevation is decorated with a triangular gable flanked with pinnacles, with a large, partially walled window on the axis, entering the gable zone. Two ogival blendes were placed on its sides, and above them one circular blende. The tower was strengthened from the west by two low buttresses, in its ground level there is an ogival portal, over which there is an ogival blende.
The most valuable monument of the temple is a gothic sculpture from 1508 and a wooden stoup from the end of the 16th century.
Website zabytek.pl, Kościół parafialny pod wezwaniem św. Jana Chrzciciela Nowa Wieś Królewska.